TERMS AND CONDITIONS & WEBSITE USER AGREEMENT
The information provided on this website is for general information and educational purposes. Certain sections of this website are intended for particular user audiences including, Ascendis’ employees, customers and shareholders, as well as members of the healthcare community and the general public.
4. NO REPRESENTATION
Ascendis makes no representations and gives no warranties about the accuracy nor suitability of the content published on this website, nor that the services will be free from errors or omissions or that the use of the website will be uninterrupted. Should you rely on the information and technology contained in this website, then you do so at your own risk.
The entire content of this website is subject to copyright protection. None of the content of this website may be copied other than for non-commercial individual reference, and only if all copyright or other proprietary notices are retained. The information thereafter may not be recopied, reproduced or otherwise redistributed and only a single copy may be stored. Furthermore, you may not modify the information in any way. Except as expressly provided above, you may not otherwise copy, display, download, distribute, modify, reproduce, republish or retransmit any information, text or documents contained in this website or any portion thereof in any electronic medium or in hard copy, or create any derivative work based on such images, text or documents, without the express written consent of Ascendis. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any license or right under any patent or trademark of Ascendis, or any third party. If you should link to any third-party websites from this website, you shall be bound by and undertake to comply with the copyright provisions of each such website.
All product names, whether or not in large print or with the trademark symbol, are trademarks of Ascendis, related companies or its licensors or joint venture partners. Any use of these trademarks or any other materials, except as permitted herein, is expressly prohibited and may violate copyright law, trademark law, the law of slander and libel, the law of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes. Further, please be advised that Ascendis actively and aggressively enforces its intellectual property right to the fullest extent of the law.
7. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND LINKS
This website may contain links or references to other websites maintained by third parties over whom Ascendis has no control. Such links are provided merely as a convenience. Similarly, this website may be accessed from third party links over which Ascendis has no control. Ascendis makes no warranties or representations of any kind as to the accuracy, currency, or completeness of any information contained in such websites and shall have no liability for any damages or injuries of any kind arising from such content or information. Inclusion of any third party link in the website does not imply an endorsement or recommendation by Ascendis of such website.
8. MEDICAL INFORMATION
This website may contain general information relating to various medical conditions and their treatment. Such information is provided for information purposes only. This information is not intended to be a substitute for the advice of a healthcare professional or a recommendation for any particular treatment plan. It is important to make use of the advice of a healthcare professional to employ good clinical judgement for the specific conditions of individual patients. The product information contained throughout this website is intended only for information purposes in the country(ies) to which the specific website page and/or product refers. Information relating to all scheduled products is provided exclusively for healthcare professionals who are registered with the relevant regulatory authority, and by accessing such information the visitor warrants that they are appropriately registered with the required authorities and are qualified healthcare professionals.
This site may electronically collect, store and use private information from users. Users of this site consent to this. Information may be collected electronically by using cookies, or information is collected when it is provided voluntarily by the user. Users may determine cookie use independently through their browser settings. Information so collected shall not be disclosed to any third party unless agreed upon between the user and Ascendis, or through due legal process. Users agree that Ascendis may from time to time communicate with them, at such time of communication the user will always be given the opportunity to instruct Ascendis to remove their details from the mailing list. The user agrees that any information it provides to Ascendis will be true, accurate, current and complete and that the user will maintain and properly update your personal profile as required by Ascendis.
10. INTENDED USE
- The material on this site is published by Ascendis and is intended for use in the southern African region. We make no claim that the information contained on this site is appropriate or may be downloaded legally outside the southern African region. If you access the website from outside the southern African region, you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with the laws in your respective jurisdiction.
- This site is a business and commercial site. It is, therefore, not intended for persons under the age of 18. If you are under the age of, or 18, you should speak to your parents, your guardian, or a responsible adult and obtain their permission to use this site. Members wh seek to use this site must be 18 years and older.
- When you access or use the website, sign up for any newsletters, opt into marketing communication, or send an email to us, you agree to receive electronic communication from Ascendis and you are able to ‘opt-out’ at any given time.
11. LIABILITIES AND INDEMNIFICATION
Ascendis shall bear no responsibility and also disclaims all liability for any claim, loss, cost and expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and disbursements), damage or other liability, either directly or indirectly, attributable to the use of this website or reliance upon information provided through the facilities available on this website. You agree to indemnify, defend and hol harmless Ascendis, its officers, directors, employees, agents, suppliers and third-party partners from and against all claims, losses, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and disbursements), damages and other liabilities, resulting from any violation by you of these Terms and Conditions & Website Use Agreement.
- Governing laws – These Terms and Conditions & Website Use Agreement and your use of this website shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa. Any legal action or proceeding related to this website shall be brought exclusively in the High Courts of the Republic of South Africa.
- Severability – If any provisions of these Terms and Conditions & Website Use Agreement are held to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, then such provision shall be severable without affecting the enforceability of all remaining provisions.
- Variation – Ascendis reserves the right to alter or delete materials from this website at any time at its discretion and without notice. Furthermore Ascendis reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions & Website Use Agreement at any time by posting the amended Terms and Conditions & Website Use Agreement on this website. Unless otherwise stated, the current version will apply each time you access this website.